Big Wedding Vs Small Wedding?
For many years this has been one of the most common discussions among brides and grooms to be. Deciding whether to have a big wedding or a small one. The questions remains as common today as ever, but like all difficult decisions, you must decide because after all, the countdown is on!
When my clients come to me with this issue I always ask them the following questions:
- Have you always enjoyed participating in large events, or do you prefer more intimate gatherings?
- Are you one of those people who makes new friends naturally and regularly? (If so, you probably have 1,000+ friends on your Facebook page)
- Are you someone who enjoys the limelight or do you find yourself feeling quite anxious when surrounded by a lot of people?
If the first option in each of the above questions best describes you, then you might well be better suited to a big wedding which reflects the nature of your outgoing personality, while also accommodating your large social circle. However, if the second option in each of the above questions best describes you, then perhaps a smaller more intimate wedding would be better suited which is focused around the most important people in your life.
In order to make the right decision, you must first understand fully what it is that you want out of your big day.
- Do you want to impress your guests with extravagance? Or is such excessive spending not important to you?
- Do you want to show off to your guests? Or can you achieve this in an intimate setting?
- When you look back on the day in many years, what do you think you will remember most about the day?
Whatever you decide, go with your gut feeling and trust that you will make the right decision. I’m confident that asking the questions above will help you in making the right choice. Whatever your decision, enjoy the day and make the most of it.
What are your best tips for choosing a big or small wedding?