1. You fail to plan ahead, and leave things to chance – Organising a good party or event is no easy task, it takes thoughtful planning and nothing should be left to chance. Think of how you want the party to go, write down your goals for the party and you will be more likely to achieve them!
2. You don’t hire a party planner to oversee the event – The value of a good party planner cannot be underestimated. You want to ensure your event goes off with a (good) bang! Hire a party planner who will take responsibility in ensuring the party goes well and exactly as you plan.
3. You fail to choose your entertainment carefully – The entertainers are tasked with enhancing the atmosphere of any event, so it is crucially important you choose the right entertainer(s) to accomplish this. A good entertainer(s) always interacts with the crowd and make the event personal. Look out for this key component before hiring the entertainment for your event.
4. You don’t invite more guests, than you need to attend – A common mistake made by inexperienced event organisers is to over-estimate the anticipated turnout at their event. More often than not, people will let you down and fail to turn up at the last minute. Choose the number of people you want to attend, and increase the number of invitations by about 15-20% to help you achieve your desired number of guests.
5. You fail to carefully consider the seating arrangement – The seating arrangement can be crucial to the development of any event. If you are running an event which requires a seating arrangement, choose very carefully where you place people as this can have a big effect on how the event progresses. Ensure you do not place any people with conflict near each other at the event.