If you want to become a better party host, then carefully read these 5 tips.
1. Prioritise Guests – Always remember the guests are way more important than yourself. Their experience at the event should always take priority over your own.
2. Customise The Event, To Suit Your Guests – Go that extra mile and meticulously plan ahead for important guests. Do your homework and find out what the guest likes, and what would improve their experience at the event. This could be something as simple as having a particular cuisine or beverage available, but in certain situations it can make a huge difference.
3. Keep All Guests Engaged – A perfect example of disengaged guests would be at a networking event. The guest has arrived alone and is no longer chatting with anyone. A good host would make an effort to chat to the person at this stage, and introduce them to others whom will then carry on the conversation.
4. Stay Sober – Although a very simple rule, this can often be overlooked. You don’t want to end up in a situation where the guests are the ones looking after you at the end of the evening. Stay sober, stay sharp and on top of your game. Remember, it doesn’t matter if you have a good night, as long as your guests have a great night.
5. Return lost items promptly – Very regularly at events, people forget their personal belongings. From jackets to keys and everything in between. The following morning when the party has ended, your job does not stop there. If there have been any items left behind, immediately return these items and the guest will be delighted you have gone to such an effort, event after the party has ended!