According to the largest Irish Wedding Survey ‘The average total budget for a wedding including the honeymoon cost is €21,219 with 5% forking out over €30,000’. With a wedding being one of the top expenses in a person’s lifetime, engaged couples want to get the most out of their wedding budget, and rightly so! We’ve put together a list of 5 ways in which you can make the most of your wedding budget.
1. Consider off peak season / weekday. This option will save you thousands, and once you plan in advance to give your guests appropriate notice to book time off work etc… it could be a fantastic cost efficient option for your wedding.
2. Order a smaller wedding cake and use a sheet cake hidden it the kitchen to supplement it.
3. Offer a pre-selected beer, wine and signature cocktail as opposed to a full bar. This could save you a small fortune.
4. Have a separate guest list for after the meal. This will allow you to have a large party/gathering in the evening, while cutting the catering costs.
5. Choose a reputable wedding planning service which has access to a wide variety of vendors at the best prices. This option will give you the luxury of choice, while also saving you time and money by getting multiple services in one place.
There are many ways in which you can reduce your wedding costs. The above highlights just some of these tips. Do you have any tips for making the most out of your wedding budget? If so, please feel free to share them in the comments below.